Ten tips for notables
from just one baker, opinions may vary.
1. Maintain a separate Notepad++ file for notables (don't insert directly in the pastebin file).
Enables you to note missing sauce, put in "iffy" notes at the end (waiting for a nom), etc.
2. Post about four times during the bread, (early, middle, last call, final).
Don't stick anything iffy in at the last moment, make sure anons can vet it first.
3. Make notables easy to find with RED TEXT and BOLD.
Especially important if you may have to ghost--next baker needs heavy formatting to locate important info like notes.
4. Link notes to dough post if you have to ghost.
Same reason as above.
DECIDING WHAT TO NOTABLE
4. Look for anon noms, they are usually notable.
"Usually" because shills nom too. So do trolls, for fun. If not sure, either ask for a 2nd nom or say what's missing (often a description).''
5. Look for special reports: planefags, boatfags, Resignations in the News, etc.
Anons seldom nom these, except for RA's stuff if they don't see it in Notes.
6. For noms wo/a description, ask for one.
These are usually anon diagrams, analyses & Q proofs. Hard to evaluate much less write a description. It's the responsibility of the poster or nom-mer to provide one.
7. If there is too much news & bred is fast...
...focus mainly on nommed posts, breaking news (if verified), news re Q concerns (CP, etc.).
8. Check for two things: dates and whether it's been notabled (qresear.ch).
Easy during slow breads, hard during fast ones. Dates take priority. But if you forget, anons or shills will always let you know.
9. Try to thank anons who go above and beyond...
...by including descriptions
10. During Q breds, notables are low priority. As soon as you know, search on "Q !!" to find posts, get to the bottom of the bread, and bake really early.
Keep your eye open for baker caps and fully-formatted Q posts w/caps.